Saturday, October 27, 2012

Renewed DIY Inspiration

I say renewed because I forgot how much I fell in love with DIYs and clothes revamps. I've been browsing on easy sewing projects that I might do (and some not-so-easy-intermediate-projects) and I can't wait to try it myself. I can really see myself doing this full time (okay maybe not full time but a big part of my daily activities). And maybe I can save (and make) a little money on the side with the revamps that I just discovered.

I LOVE this simple high-waist dress tutorial by talk2thetrees. I have seen this one before and been meaning to try it but I usually find myself a.)with no money to buy on some fabric b.)I dont have a stashed supply of different colored threads c.)I have no time to make it because Im so stuffed with school work. Yeah I gave out a lot of reasons but once school is out of the way I PROMISE I will do this c:


how cute is this dress from howjoyjul.com? I couldn't believe this one was upcycled! Once my sewing skills will improve I will definitely try this one.



 This goddess-like maxi dress is just gorgeous! Here's the tutorial by sewpetitegal.


Here's a fun and easy tunic dress tutorial by sewcountrychick. I remember seeing a similar dress in our advertising client's boutique. Just the right fabric will make this dress really pretty and dainty c:


This wrap-belt tutorial is also a must try!I find sewing belts really easy and I think I can do this one with my current sewing skill level XD


here's a little outfit inspiration to get yourself feeling giddy c:


I still have a long way to go, sadly. I really want to take a basic course on sewing (which I hopefully and finally take once school and graduation is over). Sometimes when I'm reading tutorials I would just sit there and go "what the heck is she saying?!" I couldn't understand the sewing terminologies XD it kind of sounds like a math equation. Sew it on this part, right side facing here wrong side facing there.....it gets confusing!But  I will patiently sort things out and get the hang of it. Nothing is an easy ride if you want to perfectly do something right?

(I don't own any of the photos in this post. They belong to their respective owners)




No comments:

Post a Comment